Are wireless smart homes in Philadelphia worth it?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were limited to hard-wired equipment linked through a drawn-out installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has transformed the market and opened up a world of new possibilities for residents.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Philadelphia is right for you and your family? Explore what you ought to know about wireless solutions.
What to know before going wireless
The core of any wireless network is a sound internet connection. Consistent, fast internet and a quality wireless router are the two primary ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, consider making the change now to capitalize on the most recent performance advancements.
If you dwell in a region without reliable high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you might be well-advised to go with a hard-wired connection. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is already wired for security, it could be reasonable from a financial standpoint to stay with that configuration.
No matter where you live, network and utility disruptions can take place. With this in mind, find security options with battery and cellular backups to keep you connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Philadelphia?
Safeguarding your home against common threats like break-ins and fire is the main purpose of any home security system. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to benefit from the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your entryways or watch real-time video from your phone? A wireless smart home offers a level of control and access you’ve never had. You can investigate or make changes to any system devices remotely, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it may also reach you. If a device is tripped, an update will be delivered automatically to your mobile device app. You’ll always be alerted when something happens, no matter your location.
● Flexible and scalable: Dissimilar to wired components, you can install wireless alternatives practically anyplace. Interested in having an indoor camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Philadelphia have proven dependable and useful, there are a couple of potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered components, there’s always the potential for an interruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will notify you when battery life is depleting and usually last for many years without needing a fresh battery.
● Placement of devices. There might be restrictions on how far you are able to install wireless sensors away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be an issue in the majority of homes, but you should ask about the restrictions before moving forward.
● Risk of online hacking. In a similar fashion as other computer networks, the potential of hacking is there. But you can greatly lower this risk by incorporating secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Philadelphia today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by personalizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll appreciate being able to access and control your Philadelphia security system from any location. Reach out to (267) 493-0789 to begin.