Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Philadelphia smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete charge of your Philadelphia home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Philadelphia?
Wirelessly linking to components via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides total remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded video streams from all integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Philadelphia by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The main screen will post a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Philadelphia
Despite the fact that many users can be entered during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and enter the info to send an invitation.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Philadelphia security system. Contact (267) 493-0789 to get started.